The Sioux Falls Roller Dollz is a skater owned and operated, 501(c)(3)
non-profit organization and a member of the Women's Flat Track
Derby Association (WFTDA). We work together as a league to
empower women and enrich our community through competitive sport.
Camp Bring it On is a unique camp for children with cancer (http://www.sanfordhealth.org/Stories/View/3acc3135-e983-4af3-b5cb-0365e92126e7). The suggested donation list for Camp Bring it On is:
- Graduation beads $10 a piece from Aquarious Beads – total of 50
- Floatable climbing call for waterfront activities
- Big Mable tube
- Gift cards! Hobby Lobby , Michaels, Menards,
- Go Cart, 2 helmets
- Tents, portable fire pit.
- PA system, approximate cost $800
- Donation of 100 blank CD’s
- Board/card games (Monopoly, Uno Dare, Phase 10, Boggle, Skipbo, Pictionary, Blokus, Say Anything, Scrabble Flash, Battleship, Trouble)
CONCERT TO HELP AREA ROCK FAN AFFECTED BY BRAIN TUMOR TO TUNE OUT HIGH MEDICAL COSTS
Sioux Falls, South Dakota (September 11, 2015) Sioux Falls based rock artists will be hosting a fundraising concert and silent auction to benefit a former rock and roll disk jockey who was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor.
The concert, which is billed as Cade Aid, will be held at the District starting at 4pm on Sunday, September 27th. Admission to the all-ages show is free with a donation to Cade’s Emergency Fund. Bands scheduled to play include, Southside Pine, March in Arms, We’re No Angels, The Cartwright Brothers and the headlining band will be The Merdtones featuring Martin Dill of Janitor Bob.
All proceeds from the event, as well as 10 percent of all bar sales, will go to pay medical costs for Ben (Cade) Anderson. Anderson was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor after suffering a series of seizures earlier this summer. Cade is a familiar face to area music fans because of his longtime efforts in promoting and playing local music for local residents.
Organizer Ryder encourages all music fans to come to the fundraiser.
“Cade has done so much to elevate the local music scene and bands during his years on the air. It’s our turn to help him beat this tumor, and what better way to do that, than to throw a big rock show to fund this fight.”
The local media is encouraged to cover this event. Interviews with the promoters as well as with Cade can be arranged onsite. To find out more about Cade’s story, please visit his CaringBridge webpage.
Seth Tornow 612—508-3316,
Brianne Bue (Ryder) 612-802-5474
Come out and support your local charity the Children’s Miracle Network. They team up with local hospitals and make sure children have a healthy and comfortable recovery. Bring an item from the list below and receive buy one get one half off your ticket purchase. Can’t come to the bout but, still want to help? Email us by completing the form under Contact Us.
Lets help Children’s Miracle Network and watch your Sioux Falls Roller Dollz in some derby action!
Come help support our partner for the Aug 22nd bout the Children’s Miracle Network. Their mission is to team up with local Hospitals and make sure children are comfortable and taken care of on the road to recovery. They need your help! To make a difference and help support the Children’s Miracle Network bring a donation from the items below. Bring your item to the bout on August 22nd and help make a child’s day. If you are unable to attend but still want to donate please email us by completing the form under Contact Us (http://www.rollerdollz.com/wp/contact-general/)
- Fischer Price Bouncers and swings
- Thomas the Train Trains
- Large magna doodles
- 8 oz. bottle of acrylic paints (assorted colors)
- Recordable children’s storybooks (used for legacy building)
- Little people toy figures
- Handheld light spinners
- Nail polishes
- Flavored Lipsmacker chapsticks
- Small Lego kits
- Lego buckets
- Fuzzy black posters with markers sets
- All plastic baby dolls
- Toddler/preschool laptops
- Infant and toddler light up or musical toys
- New release kids DVD’s
- Stackable Fisher Price Light Up Stars
- 3 High chairs (Graco $79.99 @ Target) http://www.target.com/p/graco-tablefit-highchair-finley/-/A-14282294#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=high+chair
- Gift cards for Walmart, Target or Hobby Lobby
Thank you so much for your continued support of our community and we can’t wait to see you for some roller derby action!
Sioux Falls Roller Dollz